Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Flower in the Crannied Wall?

Flower in the crannied wall,





I pluck you out of the crannies,





I hold you here, root and all, in my hand,





Little flower -- but if I could understand





What you are, root and all, and all in all,





I should know what God and man is.











*This poem is very hard to understand...can you please help me INTERPRET the meaning of this poem LINE BY LINE?





It really fustrates me that I can't understand it...please don't tell me everyone has a different meaning...I KNOW there must be a general meaning...
Flower in the Crannied Wall?
Just some random thoughts.





Re-reading it you get a very good rhythm


The poet has seen a flower struggling to survive in a crack


He/ she plucks it out of curiosity


It is a miracle of life but curiosity has killed it


The writer had the power of life and death for the flower


What is life ........where does the person / flower " go " when dead


If we could understand that relationship then we might understand something about God





Hope that helps you think about the poem .....Who is it by ?books authors

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


flower © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting