Friday, November 6, 2009

Need flower rec for outdoor party?

My family is having an outdoor party this Sat. I agreed to do the flowers. I am going to put them in floral foam and then inside small terra cotta pots. I don't want them to wilt before the party is over. Party will be 12 noon - 5pm.





Question is -- what is the best flower for the sun. I am going to the San Francisco Flower Mart, so I will have lots of choices.
Need flower rec for outdoor party?
Carnations hold up well.


Stock is good. They look sort of like Snapdragons. Smell great!





When you get your foam, be sure to buy Oasis foam. Oasis foam holds water. Sahara foam is for dried or artificial flowers. Those might be brand names, but do check to make sure the foam you're buying holds water.
Reply:Gerber daisies are pretty durable and come in lots of bright colors.





Visit our website for more gardening ideas at-


http://www.gardening-at-the-crossroads.c...





Good Luck and Happy Gardening from Cathy and Neal!loan

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


flower © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting